The starting price of a basketball wheelchair, without any customization, is $1500. Seattle Adaptive Sports makes every effort to outfit athletes with the necessary adaptive equipment so they can participate in the sport of their choice. We maintain an inventory of loaner chairs and other adaptive equipment that athletes can borrow, and we assist in grant applications if an athlete desires to purchase their own custom equipment. Your donation today helps reduce financial barriers to accessing equipment and also supports a scholarship fund for athletes requesting financial assistance to participate in competitive opportunities. Check out the section below to see what else your funds can support. No donation is too small and there are many ways to contribute!
Seattle Adaptive Sports is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Federal tax ID number: 91-1427334
The Seattle Sonics wheelchair basketball teams will host an awareness assembly or event at your school or business. We'll bring basketball wheelchairs so your staff/students/employees can play alongside and against our athletes. These events demonstrate 'ability' over disability to promote acceptance and inclusion. Seattle Adaptive Sports can host your Physical Education classes for a fun day of adaptive sports.
Assembly or Corporate event (30 minutes - 1 hour) - $500
Physical Education Classes (a day) - $1000
Contact us to build your event! email@example.com
Seattle Adaptive Sports relies on direct donations made during our giving campaigns and throughout the year to support our operations fund. Please consider making a recurring gift through your paycheck (ask if your employee matches!) and make us part of your annual tax-deductible giving!
If you are interested in making an even greater impact, please contact us to learn more about sponsorship opportunities!
Organization: Seattle Adaptive Sports
Club address: 1125 12th Ave E #137, Seattle, WA 98122
Tax ID number: 91-1427334
Your Donation Counts!
• $25 will replace a tire on a basketball wheelchair or racer
• $50 will purchase a basketball for competition play
• $75 will purchase a bag of pucks for hockey
• $85 will purchase a power soccer ball for competition play
• $180 will purchase a pair of racing gloves for a track athlete
• $250 will cover a season of participation fees for a player
• $325 will provide airfare for an athlete to get to a competition
• $350 will purchase a power soccer guard for a player
• $375 will register a team to a National Governing Body
(NWBA, USA Hockey, US Power Soccer, WASUSA/USTFA)
• $400 will cover the tournament entry fee for a team
• $500 will provide field implements for the track program
• $1,000 will buy a sled & gear for a hockey player
• $1,000 will cover uniforms for a team or insurance for a year
• $1,800 will cover space rental for a hosted tournament
• $2,000 will fund an athlete to be competitive for a season
• $2,500 will purchase a basketball wheelchair for a player
• $2,500 will pay for official fees to host a tournament
• $3,000 will purchase a track racer for an athlete
• $3,500 will provide court or ice rental for a practice season
Do you shop at Fred Meyers? Go online to register SEATTLE ADAPTIVE SPORTS as your community charity. Click on the logo above, then register your Fred Meyer card and choose Seattle Adaptive sports as your charity. You will still earn points for gasoline and coupons, and Fred Meyers Foundation will send a percentage of the sale to us.